Monday, January 19, 2015

Guadalajara


In the last couple of weeks of my exchange, I had problems with my computer. I am now back in Australia and am able to post the updates that I wrote over the past month. 


I finished school at the end of November. It feels strange finishing school forever and knowing that very soon I will be starting university. My class had a surprise celebration for me at the end the day including cake. I have learnt a lot in the extra year at school and feel that I am now ready to start university next semester.




In the first week of December I went to Guadalajara with Martha, my councilor. I met her family and stayed at her sister, Elsa’s house. They were very accommodating and made me feel at home. We went for the largest book fair in Spanish which had contributors from all world, even books in English from Australia. 


We went for five days so I had time to see some of the old buildings in town. I also did a lot of shopping. It was a really relaxing week and the weather was beautiful.



Close to Guadalajara is a city called Tequila, which is where some of the best tequila in the world is made. I unfortunately wasn’t able to visit Tequila but I did buy a couple of bottles at a local bottle store to bring back with me.

We returned to Veracruz on Thursday and I had a couple of days to prepare for the Ruta Maya, a two week trip with the exchange students touring around the south of Mexico!



No comments:

Post a Comment